[smokeping-users] /var/log/syslog filling up with strange logging

David Thompson dthompson at esi-estech.com
Fri Jan 8 22:50:10 CET 2016

So I’m not sure what’s going on here but I noticed that my /var/log/syslog
was being populated with the following errors messages.

sandbox smokeping[18230]: RRDs::update ERROR:
/var/lib/smokeping/ClientsStartingWithA/AMERICOMSOLUTIONS~nyj-sandbox01.rrd:
illegal attempt to update using time 1452288344 when last update time is
1452288344 (minimum one second step)

Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this? My server time is
correct by the way.

David Thompson
Network Services Support Technician
(O) 858.357.8794