[smokeping-users] /var/log/syslog filling up with strange logging

Russell Dwarshuis rjd at merit.edu
Fri Jan 8 22:55:52 CET 2016

My first guess is you have more than once instance of smokeping running.  The first one to update the rrd is successful but subsequent attempts fail since the timestamp is the same.

Russell Dwarshuis
Application Programmer/Analyst Senior
Merit Network
rjd at merit.edu | 734-527-5727 p | 734-527-5790 c www.merit.edu