[smokeping-users] RRD files being created, but the graphs are not updating

Dan O'Neill dano at northpb.com
Wed Jun 1 22:57:29 CEST 2016

Hi,

Let me walk through an example of my configuration and the permissions
changes required. I add slaves frequently and have this process somewhat
nailed.

Given:
- Slave is called c2nyc
- Hierarchy is client -> boatsrus -> ping boatsrus.com
- Apache user is www-data
- Apache group is www-data

Steps on the Master:
1. cd /var/lib/smokeping
2. chgroup www-data boatsrus
3. chmod g+w boatsrus
4. cd boatsrus
5. chgrp www-data *c2nyc.rrd
6. chmod g+w *c2nyc.rrd

And that is pretty much the permissions structure that works.

------

Separately, what error are you seeing on the slave side?

dano