[smokeping-users] RRD files being created, but the graphs are not updating

masonke masonke at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 23:08:14 CEST 2016

Until today we never had a problem, we are constantly adding targets and have a rigid salt stack deployment. Just for safety, not he master, every 10 minutes a cron job kicks off a script that sets these perms not he master

cd /var/lib/smokeping
find . -type f -name '*.rrd' | xargs chown smokeping:www-data
find . -type f -name '*.rrd' | xargs chmod 666

Will add the chgrp and chown, just to make sure.

I am hoping that when I go back and look at it later, the problem will jump out at me.
~KEM