[smokeping-users] Monitoring Office365

Remsik,Robert Robert.Remsik at colostate.edu
Fri Jun 10 17:53:32 CEST 2016

Hello!

I'm trying to monitor Offce365's uptime/response time via smokeping and so far no luck.  Currently our users notify us when the connection to office365's voicemail is down.  I saw the sipsak probe and was thinking I could replicate a SIP message but I'm getting the error 'url is unresolveable' (I changed the digits to be non-identifiable).  When I do an nslookup on the address I get that it's from a non-authoritative answer from 'wildcard-namwest.um.outlook.com'

root at smokeping:/etc/smokeping/config.d $ /usr/bin/sipsak -s sip:12121 at 00000000-0000-0000-0000-367ff2ecfc8b.um.outlook.com -p 123.123.123.123
'00000000-0000-0000-0000-367ff2ecfc8b.um.outlook.com' is unresolveable

Has anyone found had success with monitoring connection to office365?

Thank you in advance,

Robert Remsik

ACNS

Desk Phone: 970 491 7120