[smokeping-users] Can't seem to find how to monitor DSL lines with dynamic IP assignemnt

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Fri Jun 2 14:18:04 CEST 2017

Hi Ralf

you had to run a little script on your 'home' box which would request a url on the smokeping site and from that smokeping would learn the ip
it then also could do an snmp query of the target to see if the router there gave the right answer

with the advent of dyndns and frinends this feature has not been used much, but I think the code is still there

www.oetiker.ch tobi at oetiker.ch +41 62 775 9902