[smokeping-users] Speedtest not showing on graphs (no value stored in rrd)

Matteo Belloni belloteo at gmail.com
Mon May 8 09:10:55 CEST 2017

Hello to all,
I'm having problems with the representation of the points on the charts.
I have correctly set the Probe and the Target, since every hour set the
probe part, even in debug mode I see that the download and upload test runs
and value is extrapolated.
Unfortunately, despite putting the max_rrt value in the + overview section,
I do not print the values in the graph.
Smoking version is 2.6.9 on a Raspberry Pi3.
Smoking works correctly with all the other probes set.
However, I note that rrd files are created and updated only when the
smoking service starts.
So it looks like the next probes do not start, but only the first one at
the start of the smoking service.
I now export rrd to xml format and I see there are only NaN values.
This is my Probes file:
*** Probes ***

+ FPing

binary = /usr/bin/fping
step = 300 # repeat each 5 minutes
pings = 10 # send 10 ICMP packets

+ speedtest
binary = /usr/local/bin/speedtest-cli
timeout = 300
step = 3600
offset = random
pings = 3

++ speedtest-download
measurement = download

++ speedtest-upload
measurement = upload

And this is my Targets files:

*** Targets ***
probe = FPing

menu = Top
title = Network Latency Grapher
remark = Welcome to the SmokePing website of Tzunami Company. \
         Here you will learn all about the latency of our network.

+ Local
menu = LAN
title = Local Network

++ Router
title = x.x.x.x
menu = Router
host = x.x.x.x

 + Speedtest
 menu = Speedtest
 title = SpeedTest.net Up/Down (bits/sec)

 ++ Download
 menu = Download
 title = Download bits/sec

 +++ Download_from_Telecom_Italia
 title = Download Telecom Italia S.p.A. (Milan, Italy) [2.72 km]
 probe = speedtest-download
 server = 3667
 measurement = download
 host = speedtestmi1.telecomitalia.it

 ++ Upload
 menu = Upload
 title = Upload bits/sec

 +++ Upload_to_Telecom_Italia
 title = Upload Telecom Italia S.p.A. (Milan, Italy) [2.72 km]
 probe = speedtest-upload
 server = 3667
 measurement = upload
 host = speedtestmi1.telecomitalia.it

My Presentation:

*** Presentation ***

template = /etc/smokeping/basepage.html
charset  = utf-8

+ charts

menu = Charts
title = The most interesting destinations

++ stddev
sorter = StdDev(entries=>4)
title = Top Standard Deviation
menu = Std Deviation