[smokeping-users] Newbie - How to add new host/group to Smokeping, and have that show up on webpage

Tim Reimers KA4LFP treimers95 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 22:59:41 CEST 2018

Hi everyone --

New user of smokeping ----

I have it up and running on a couple of Centos 7 machines using the yum
epel rpm without too much issue.

However -- when I try to add a new host in Targets, two things are going
wrong.

- I cannot seem to shut down smokeping by "service smokeping stop"  -- it
leaves an instance of apache running /usr/bin/perl ..../smokeping.fcgi

When I restart smokeping with kill -HUP commands, and restart it "service
smokeping restart"
it does not seem to re-read the config file and add in the new host I've
just created...

Thanks, Tim

--
Tim, KA4LFP
---

---
No trees were killed to send you this message, but a few trillion electrons
were severely annoyed...
---
Morse code, the original digital mode
Real radios glow in the dark.
SWAN rule number 1: Life is too short to have a puny signal. © K0MHP
SWAN rule number 2: No menu required. © K0MHP