[smokeping-users] Echoping segfaults on Debian Stretch

Olivier oza.4h07 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 10:32:33 CEST 2018

Hello,

I've managing a 3-year old Smokeping server on Debian Jessie.
This server get data from 13 Debian Slaves.
4 Slaves use Debian Stretch
9 Slaves use Debian Jessie.

I'm discovering that the following command segfaults on all four Debian
Stretch instances while it succeed on all nine Debian Jessie instances.

As root:
# /usr/bin/echoping -t 5 -m dns -n 5 80.10.246.136 -t A www.google.com
segfault

At the same time, I'm also using echoping with Http/Https module without
any issue.
For memory:
Jessie includes Smokeping 2.6.9
Stretch includes Smokeping 2.6.11

1. Any hint on how to solve this ?

2. More generally, any advice or suggestion when mixing Slaves and Master
from different Smokeping versions ?

Best regards