[smokeping-users] TCPPing - glob -- how to fix this?

Gregory Sloop gregs at sloop.net
Mon Nov 26 20:12:35 CET 2018

TCPPing generally requires root.
Thus, when you run at the CLI, [presumably as root] it works.
When you run it as smokeping it doesn't.

Google "setuid" for general direction as how to solve it.
I think something like [chmod u+s /location/of/some/tcpping-binary] will set the UID bit properly.

HTH

-Greg

Hi all

just to add ,  if I run smokeping --debug-daemon,  the graph generates....wth...