[smokeping-users] TCPPing - glob -- how to fix this?

Christian Vo christian.vo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 21:04:05 CET 2018

thanks Greg for that tip ! --  I did a few things and now it seems to be
working

1) added the latest installed version of tcptraceroute (manual
compile/installation) to update-alternatives
2) removed all other alternatives for tcptraceroute , leaving only the
latest installed version.
3) setuid on tcpping binary
4) setuid on tcpptraceroute

might not have needed #2, maybe just configure update-alternatives to use
the latest.. but just in case...
at this point smokeping is now updating the rrd and graphing as expected =)

thanks for all the help

Christian