[mrtg-developers] IPv6 patch for MRTG: final version

Lorenzo Colitti lorenzo at colitti.com
Tue May 6 19:37:24 MEST 2003

Hi Tobias,
Here is the final version of our IPv6 patch for MRTG, against 2.9.29.

This version includes fairly complete documentation (command-line help,
configuration reference and specific IPv6 documentation in ipv6.pod) and
has also benefited from a major rewrite that has reduced code size and
hopefully increased readability.

As with our previous patches, a version of MRTG with this patch should
behave in exactly the same way as a non-patched version unless IPv6 is
explicitly enabled by the user, so everyone should be able to use their
existing scripts and configuration files with the patched version.

At Simon Leinen's request, this patch does not change the "public"
interfaces of SNMP_Session.pm any more, so other applications should not
have problems either.

The patch has been tested on various Linux distributions, including Red
Hat 7.2 and 8.0, Mandrake 9.1, and Debian unstable, with and without
IPv6 support (as before, IPv6 requires the Socket6 and INET6 perl
modules; instructions are in ipv6.pod).

We think this is ready for inclusion in the next version of MRTG.
We hope you agree. :-)

Regards,
Lorenzo Colitti

-- Type: text/plain