[mrtg-developers] Re: MRTG over IPv6 tested with experimental Cisco IOS

Rafael Martinez Torres rafael.martinez at novagnet.com
Mon May 19 19:04:41 MEST 2003

On Valerio's patchs....

Sorry, these are newbie's questions I thougth under control, but two weeks
ago I left standby the test and now I have problems

- mrtg-2.9.29-ipv6.diff and mrtg-10.0pre1   are not about the same patch.

Please confirm this point

- Sorry, I'm a bit confused with my versions:

	What should I do to make mrtg-2.[9|10].X IPv6 available ?

	(Now I have read the ipv6.html under doc ).

mrtg-2.9.28
===========
I typed

 cfgmaker public@[2001:618:10:2a03:205:1cff:fe00:1df0] --enableipv6

Error: can't resolve "[2001" to IP address

(BTW, Valerio, try this address. It is a net-snmp PC ...)

It doesn't catch the IPv6 address well. The parser seems to fail...I'm
sure is my mistake.
Please, confirm me... I ran it with DNS entry, but don't remember...I'm
destreassed :-|.

mrtg-2.9.29

 cfgmaker public@[2001:618:10:2a03:205:1cff:fe00:1df0] --enable-ipv6

Error: can't resolve "[2001" to IP address

( Note the "-" )

I have the same problem:

mrtg-2.10.0pre

The same as before.