[mrtg] Re: VLANS and MRTG

Michael P. Burton mpburton at teleport.com
Wed Aug 11 20:11:58 MEST 1999

We talked to Cisco about this, and it turns out that they have disabled
aggreate VLAN SNMP gathering because their more "useful" (read expensive)
solution is to use their LAN Manager. What we did to get around that
problem is to add all the interfaces for that VLAN togeter into one
config blob. It isn't very pretty, but it works to get you the info that
you need...

Michael