[mrtg] Re: In and Out ???

tozz at sidehack.sat.gweep.net tozz at sidehack.sat.gweep.net
Thu Aug 19 23:17:46 MEST 1999

Think of from the packet perspective.  If a router has a serial and an
ethernet, a packet from the internet goes in the serial (towards the LAN)
and once in the router the packet heads out the ethernet interface.
Opposite for traffic heading from your LAN out to the net.  That would
be in the ethernet and out the serial.

-cp

> Hi All,
>
> I am totaly dumbfounded which way the in and out are pointing in reference
> to the router ...
> can somebody explain it to me please !!!
>
> James Liakos
> Network Administrator
> PH:(02)9203 0254
> Head Office