[mrtg] Re: ascendget and mrtg

Christopher lapointe cfllist at mix-net.net
Mon Aug 23 16:58:36 MEST 1999

Thanks for the replies, I just got in and I'm continuing my adventure
here.
Chris

An additional piece of confusion from the FAQ site:

Anybody have any ideas how to monitor an Ascend MAX?

Check /mrtg/contrib/ascendget directory where you unpacked mrtg.
Basically, you need to do the following:

   1.Get the Ascend MIB
   2.Use mrtg v2.1 or later
   3.Use the modified snmpwalk included in the ascendget directory.
   4.Get TCL v7.5 or later.
   5.Use a cron job to snmpwalk the MAX on intervals.
   6.Add up the results.
   7.Write out the files.
   8.Use a modified cfg with mrtg.