[mrtg] gd on linux

spiderken at hongkong.com spiderken at hongkong.com
Mon Aug 30 07:16:12 MEST 1999

I think the following web site can help:
http://www.boutell.com/gd/#required

Regards,
Ken

Hello,
I am trying to configure mrtg-2.8.6 and gd-1.6.3 on a redhat 6.0 system.
Each time I try to configure gd it errors out with;
checking for main in -lz ...no
configure: error: libz not found.
I am lost. Perhaps I don't have the correct libz or it is in the incorrect
directory. I have mrtg located in /usr/local/mrtg-2.8.6 and have tried gd in
/usr/local/gd-1.6.3 and /usr/local/mrtg-2.8.6/gd-1.6.3
I have zlib-1.13 and libz.so.1 and don't know which one is the correct one
to use  or how I get gd to find it.

If anyone can help it would be greatly apprecitated.
Regards,

Dan Gumm