[mrtg] Re: SunOS SNMP daemon problems?

Tim Kennedy sugarat at thunderhold.sugarat.net
Wed Dec 15 02:44:12 MET 1999

Looks like your had more problems than that.  Have your configured your
Solaris snmpd.conf file?   Added views, and permissions?   If "public"
the correct community string?

You should also know that Solaris doesn't track ifInOctets or IfOusOctets.
One or the other.  I do know that it only tracks one of the two.
The solaris native snmpd has some community strings built into it, that
pose a pretty good security risk.

You may want to consider an alternative, like the UCD-SNMPd, or Empire
Agent that costs money.  the UCD version is free.

Verify your config, and the state of your snmpd.conf file.  If you still
can't get it working, get back to me.

-Tim