[mrtg] Re: SunOS SNMP daemon problems?

IT Andrew Bold it.andrew.bold at oldham.gov.uk
Wed Dec 15 11:38:17 MET 1999

Brett Dikeman wrote:

> Hi Folks, been a while since I was on the list(everything is working
> fine :-).  However, I just compiled MRTG on a SunOS 5.6, and then ran
> cfgmaker public at localhost to get traffic stats.

[snipped for brevity]

Something else to be aware of is that there are a couple of problems with
SNMP on SunOS 5.6.  I've not got the actual patch IDs to hand, but you
might want to run patchdiag against your box to see if they're installed
or not.

(We were having minor problems with HP OpenView monitoring the server, and
installing these patches corrected the problems.)

HTH

Andrew Bold                   | mailto:it.andrew.bold at oldham.gov.uk
Support Systems Administrator | Telephone: 0161 911 3990
IT Corporate Services         | Fax:       0161 911 3998

--
This message is confidential.  It may also be legally privileged.  It is intended solely for the stated addressee(s) and access to it by anyone else is unauthorised.  If you have received this message in error, you must not disclose, copy, circulate or in any other way use or rely on the information contained in this message.  Such unauthorised use may be unlawful.  If you have received this message in error, please delete it immediately and advise us by return e-mail to the above address.