[mrtg] 5 minute cron and RRD Tool <- continued

Bob Tralfaz gpc2600 at pacbell.net
Wed Dec 15 10:09:11 MET 1999

Well All Most

Increasing the MRTG cron to 2 minutes has appeared not to work well for
improving the averages. One problem is that the snmpd "ucdavis" is now
flooding /var/log/messages with this message

Dec 14 17:50:01 X-HOST snmpd: Connection from XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
Dec 14 17:52:01 X-HOST last message repeated 2 times
Dec 14 17:54:01 X-HOST last message repeated 2 times
Dec 14 17:56:01 X-HOST last message repeated 2 times
Dec 14 17:58:01 X-HOST last message repeated 2 times
Dec 14 18:00:01 X-HOST last message repeated 2 times

leading me to think that UCD-snmpd will not accept snmp connections with
intervals less then 5 minutes

after looking at snmpd.conf I did not see any thing about increasing the
number/interval of Connections

Snmpd is running on redhat 6.0 install defaults!

so any ideas on what I am missing or doing wrong or is this just the
limitations of UCD-SNMPD!

I am hoping that this is only a missed switch or setting... ie a quick fix

THX Bob