[mrtg] Re: running under other id's for CRONTAB

Tim Kennedy tkennedy at newsreal.com
Thu Dec 30 21:54:43 MET 1999

How many Target's are you running MRTG against? and on what type of box?

If you are really having load problems, you may want to consider using
RRDTool as the back end for your mrtg.  Not only will it reduce the load
on your box, but it is significantly faster.

Runing it as a different user won't really help you too much.  If you're
noticing significant degradation in performance of other critical
applications, you might want to `man nice`, to see if you can readjust the
priority given to the various applications.  That would do more than
running it as a different user.

Cheers,

-Tim

Mrtg-2.8.9 supports this feature.