[mrtg] Re: multiple switches

Stieers, Ken KStieers at DainRauscher.com
Mon Jul 19 20:12:35 MEST 1999

Pat,

If you just run "perl cfgmaker public at ipaddr" , cfgmaker just puts the
output to the screen.

If you want it in a file you have to redirect it using the ">" , like this:

perl cfgmaker public at ipaddr > mrtg.cfg

Now, something to note:  this will create a new file and OVERWRITE the old
one!!!!  So, you have two choices, you can create a second file and
concatenate them with a file copy, ("copy mrtg.cfg+mrtg2.cfg allmrtg.cfg) or
in a text editor (ie. open both files, cut and paste together), or you can
have the output of cfgmaker be appeded to the end of the first one like
this:

perl cfgmaker public at ipaddr >> mrtg.cfg

You'll still have to edit the resulting cfg file because the required
settings like WORKDIR, etc, will be duplicated at the top of the new
section.

HTH,

Ken