[mrtg] Re: How do I find 'every' MIB on my machine?

Elsie Simonton elsiels at srttel.com
Tue Nov 2 23:55:20 MET 1999

I am in training at my office (just out of college) and am trying to figure out this MIB thing.  How do I query my device  a total control arc card (for 8 modem cards) to find the mib.
I recently downloaded cmu then ran snmpget on interfaces.ifNumber.0.  The result I got said 172.  When I put this info in MRTG  .1.3.6.1.2.1.2.0.172 it doesn't like it.
What am I misreading or what else do I need to read in order to understand the mibs better?
Thank you anyone for helping me as I am currently lost.