[mrtg] Re: How do I find 'every' MIB on my machine?

David C Prall dcp at dcptech.com
Wed Nov 3 01:48:27 MET 1999

> I am in training at my office (just out of college) and am trying to
figure out this MIB thing.  How do I query my device  a total control
arc card (for 8 modem cards) to find the mib.
> I recently downloaded cmu then ran snmpget on interfaces.ifNumber.0.
The result I got said 172.  When I put this info in MRTG
.1.3.6.1.2.1.2.0.172 it doesn't like it.
> What am I misreading or what else do I need to read in order to
understand the mibs better?
> Thank you anyone for helping me as I am currently lost.

You actually need to download the mib files from 3com's web page, or
from my ftp://ftp.dcptech.com/ I'm still attempting to dig up some more
mibs from 3com, they don't have everything and most of their people are
pretty clueless.

You'll then need a mib browser, such as GETIF on Windows NT to do
snmpwalks of the mib tree.

David C Prall, MCNE MCSE          DCP Technologies
dcp at dcptech.com                       Alexandria, VA
dcppage at dcptech.com               http://www.dcptech.com