[mrtg] Re: Solaris

Neil Calvert ncalvert at cabletron.com
Thu Nov 11 20:20:05 MET 1999

I use scripts that run vmstat using rsh on the solaris machine and awk
for relevant columns (memory, swap, cpu idle, cpu used by system, cpu
used by user). A fancy ps command can also get you cpu used by an
individual process.

The script formats them into MRTG format (4 lines, 1 is variable 1, 2 is
variable 2, 3 is system name and 4 is uptime) then pumps them straight
into MRTG. Works nicely.

Neil