[mrtg] Re: Threshold Cheking ?

Andrew Cook andrew at hitter.net
Fri Nov 12 03:00:40 MET 1999

Here is a simple script I use to send email to my pager:

#! /bin/sh
echo "To: mrtg-page at domain.com" > /mrtg/thresh/message.thresh
echo "Subject: $1 threshold broken" >> /mrtg/thresh/message.thresh
echo "$1 has broken $2 - currently at $3" >> /mrtg/thresh/message.thresh
echo "." >> /mrtg/thresh/message.thresh
sendmail -FMRTG -fmrtg-page at domain.com -t < /mrtg/thresh/message.thresh
rm /mrtg/thresh/message.thresh

$1 is the pipe with a problem