[mrtg] Re: Off-Topic help needed

Tim Kennedy sugarat at thunderhold.sugarat.net
Fri Nov 12 16:53:14 MET 1999

Hi Javier,

I'm not sure what an ILC is, even though I work at an ISP.
Could you possible be comparing 4 megaBYTES to 10 megaBITS?
If you are sure that both are megabits, then you  have a few more
questions to answer.
Are you sure you're not measuring the ethernet side of you router, and
simple stuff like that.

-Tim

On Thu, 11 Nov 1999, Javier Tan wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm a MRTG user running on version 2.7.5
>
> I have a question I'll like to ask ( I've decided to be stupid just for this
> once , than to be stupid for the rest of my Earthly existence )
>
> Anyhow, here's the question :
>
> Suppose I have an agreement with my ISP on a 4Mbps ILC, but the data I
> gathered on my MRTG is showing me utilization of about 10 Mbps.
>
> 1. Since the ILC is just 4Mbps, how can I possible get 10Mbps of utilization
> ???
> 2. Is it possible if anyone could walk me through on how can an ILC of 4Mbps
> ILC can translate to 10 Mbps on my end ?? any references will be greatly
> appreciated

Timothy Kennedy
sugarat.net, Network Management Resources
http://www.sugarat.net