[mrtg] Re: compling gd

Tim Kennedy sugarat at thunderhold.sugarat.net
Wed Nov 17 11:09:56 MET 1999

On a Solaris box, I have one piece of advice if you use more Open Source
software or GNU tools, than you do commercial developed for Sun software.
edit the site.def file in /usr/openwin/lib/config/ and uncomment the
hasgcc2 part if you use gcc.

You'll find that your imake files, and ./configure scripts now generate
gcc happy files alot more often.

-Tim

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, Yozo TODA wrote:

> > I get libucb.so.1 not found.
> > Does anyone have any idea where can I get this lib?
>
> I assume you're using solaris2.  see /usr/ucblib/.
>
> in general, you should avoid using ucb compatibility mode.
> solaris2 is a systemV flavour OS.
> remove /usr/ucb/ from your PATH,
> remove /usr/ucblib/ from LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Timothy Kennedy
sugarat.net, Network Management Resources
http://www.sugarat.net