[mrtg] uptime script errors

Karyn Williams karyn at muse.calarts.edu
Thu Nov 18 19:38:18 MET 1999

Yesterday I used the following script suggested by Jeff Lieberman to
monitor uptime on IRIX 6.5.

#!/bin/sh
drive1=`uptime | cut -d: -f 4- | tr -d ',' | tr -d '.'`
set $drive1
echo "$1\n$2\n0\n0"

I ran it manually and it worked so I added it to my cron job at about
13:30. At 13:45 I got an error from cron as follows:

Subject: cron <karyn at muse> ./mrtg-2.7.2/mrtg ./mrtg-2.7.2/muse.cfg

Problem with Externale get '`/usr/people/karyn/scripts/muse.load`':
   Expected an INTEGER for 'in' but got 'ERRNO=10'

Problem with Externale get '`/usr/people/karyn/scripts/muse.load`':
    Expected an INTEGER for 'out' but got 'FCEDIT=/bin/ed'

I have gotten the same error every hour at the 45 minute mark since. It
runs successfully in between.

I've checked the crontabs and there is nothing that runs at X:45 only.

Any ideas/suggestions ?

--

Karyn Williams CNE
karyn at calarts.edu