[mrtg] Re: uptime script errors

Daniel R. Kilbourne drk at voyager.net
Thu Nov 18 20:50:04 MET 1999

I notice several of these type problems.

A rule of thumb - ALWAYS use absolute paths rather that relative when using
cron. Since MRTG uses cron it goes for that too.

ie:

you have a command called getit.sh in /home/mrtg/

when you are in the /home/mrtg/ directory, typing './getit.sh' will work.
But cron does not run from that directory so it will have problems. Best
thing to do is have a line like this in crontab

0,10,20,30,40,50 * * * *        /home/mrtg/getit.sh

NOT

0,10,20,30,40,50 * * * *        ./getit.sh

keeping this in mind will save you from much general crontab heartache (as
I know very well  :)   )

___
Dan