[mrtg] **SNMP MIB Questions**

Ambrose Chiu achiu at gibraltarsolutions.com
Tue Nov 23 22:02:15 MET 1999

Hi All,

Just a few quick questions. If I do a "snmpwalk" and I get results such
as these:

interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifOutOctets.1 = 27252148

Is this the result of a compiled MIB or not? If this is the compiled
form, how I can tell what an entry like this represent??

Second question where can I find a MIB compiler? I tried installing
MG-Soft MIB compiler but then it wouldn't work on my NT box.....it could
be either for Linux or NT so any suggestions??

Ambrose Chiu
Linux System Analyst
Gibraltar Solutions Inc.