[mrtg] Re: Need Help with Mibs

David C Prall dcp at dcptech.com
Mon Oct 4 14:24:17 MEST 1999

> I've had really good luck with MRTG monitoring Cisco Switches and
Routers,
> and even Novell servers.  I now want to monitor our Groupwise mail
> system.  I have the Groupwise MIB in hand but I don't know how to read
the
> file to come up with the MIB tree. (1.3.6. ???? )
>
> Can someone send me some cfg examples that use the LoadMibs command
with
> the Mibs so I can decipher how they work together?  Any reasonable
device
> would be great.  Our network contains NT, Novell, Groupwise, Cisco,
Sun,
> Linux, and APC equipment.

Do a search for getif. This is a Windows package with an excellent MIB
Browser. You'll have to drop the MIB in the proper directory and delete
the index file. Then start it up and point it at the device.

David C Prall, MCNE MCSE          DCP Technologies
dcp at dcptech.com                       Alexandria, VA
dcppage at dcptech.com               http://www.dcptech.com