[mrtg] Help... log file question....

lfiddler at us.ibm.com lfiddler at us.ibm.com
Wed Oct 6 01:00:03 MEST 1999

For those of you who have answered my questions before, in a smart ass or nice
manner... thank you.  Although I would prefer the smart asses don't bother
replying.  Here is a question for anyone who wishes to be helpful without
patronizing me or degrading my level of intelligence....

In a log file that looks like this:

939163249 28160 53262
939163249 0 0 0 0
939163650 0 0 0 0

Obviously I am not getting data where the zeros are, but can someone tell me
what the numbers stand for... mostly the first very long number?  Is it a
numerical representation of the time and date of the poll that took place?  If
it is, how can someone resolve that information to the date and time or
something at least useful.

Thanks in advance!!

Lisa Fiddler
IBM Global Services -- Commercial Internet Team
Raised Floor, Building 025
(Outside):  303-924-6290
(Tie/Line): 303-263-6290
Pager:        303-878-0157
Madness takes it's toll.... Please have exact change ready.