[mrtg] Conversion : "Cells" to "Bits" ??

Javier Tan javier_tan at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 7 03:12:30 MEST 1999

Hi all,

I've been using MRTG for quite sometime now and it's been running
flawlessly. I'm currently running on version 2.7.5

I've recently been monitoring traffic on a ATM switch and the traffic that's
been displayed are represented in b/s.( since I have that option turned on )
But I noticed that it is not displaying the correct information, since
53kb=1 cell for ATM.

I have the following questions:

1. How do I do a conversion from Cells to Bits in the Program ??
   is there an option available ??

2. Is there another script that does the job for me ??

3. If there isn't any, where exactly is the conversion being done
   in the "MRTG" program.....or even in "RATEUP",so that I can make
   the necessary changes ??

3. I noticed that there is a "atmmaker" in the DOC folder that came
   together with MRTG.....should I be using that when monitoring ATMs
   ??

I'm not really proficient in PERL, therefore would really appreciate if
anyone could help me out on this.

Thanks in Advanced !!

Javier Tan
Network Support Team