[mrtg] libgd.so.0 not found? :(

root inetadmin at bju.edu
Thu Oct 7 02:31:53 MEST 1999

Hello!

Just been trying to get MRTG 2.8.8 running on a Caldera 2.3 system.
Compiled and installed the GD-1.7.3, libpng, and zlib libraries with
seemingly no problem.  MRTG also installed and I can rung the cfgmaker
with no problem as well.

Problem appears when I run the ./mrtg mrtg.cfg.  I get this error
message:

<snip begin error message>

.//rateup: error in loading shared libraries: libgd.so.0: cannot open

PROBLEM: rateup died from Signal 0
  with Exit Value 127 when doing router '158.158.22.220.1'
  code was 32512, retcode was . If this happens all the time,
  you should probably investigate the cause. :-)

<snip end error message>

I'm really baffled.  I've looked into my default directories where the
gd, zlib, libpng was installed and it's in my /usr/local/lib but I do
not see a libgd.so.0 and can't seem to find out how to compile create
this file.

Any thoughts? Advice?

We really want to get this running on our Linux systems as our NT box
can't handle the load of our MRTG stats... :)

Thanks!

~Allen