[mrtg] Re: Total switch bandwidth

Steven Fletcher flec at flec.co.uk
Thu Oct 7 13:09:28 MEST 1999

On Wed, 6 Oct 1999 11:35:56 -0700, you wrote:

>     When you want the entire bandwidth usage for the whole switch, you may
>     want to look at the VLAN1 bandwidth, that is your aggregate. You only
>     want to add individual ports when you are interested in certain ports:

The VLAN1 doesn't exist on a 2820, only on a 2924. Plus VLAN1 stats (at
least on this switch and 6 or 7 others I keep an eye on) only shows a
constant (ish) 2Kbit/s, when the total of all ports shows 13.5 Mbit/s.

Any reason for that happening?

Incidentally, I've been monitoring all ports as I'm interested in all
ports :-)