[mrtg] Re: Question on In & Out Stats

Bradford Woodcock bwoodcoc at bbn.com
Thu Oct 7 23:10:22 MEST 1999

No, keep them separate. A T1 provides 1.544Mbps for *both* directions. You
are seeing a typical usage pattern given the requests are small but the
returned data is larger and therefore saturating the IN direction of your
link. You need an upgrade if you want performance to improve. Also watch
for the ifInDiscards/ifOutDiscards mib values. When these start
incrementing performance is already beginning to degrade.

cheers,
brad...