[mrtg] Re: Question on In & Out Stats
lsheldon at creighton.edu
Thu Oct 7 23:36:17 MEST 1999
> MRTG 2.5.3 is reporting that our T1 to our upstream provider is using 94.7%
> (1457.1 kb/s)
> and 33.1% OUT (511.1 kb/s).
> My question is do I add these two numbers together to get the total? Or is
> the OUT part of the IN stats? Meaning, are we using 94.7% of a T1 or 94.7%
> IN *plus* 33.1% OUT and we are totally saturated?
Nope--T1 kind of critters are full duplex--so you have a full inbound
and an underutilized outbound.
We have a couple like that--to bad nobody will sell us just an inbound pipe
at half price.
- L. F. (Larry) Sheldon, Jr. -
. Unix Systems and Network Administration .
- Creighton University Computer Center-Old Gym -
. 2500 California Plaza .
- Omaha, Nebraska, U.S.A. 68178 Two identifying characterstics -
. lsheldon at creighton.edu of System Administrators: .
- 402 280-2254 (work) Infallibility, and the ability to -
. 402 681-4726 (cellular) learn from their mistakes. .
- 402 332-4622 (residence) -
. http://www.creighton.edu/~lsheldon Adapted from Stephen Pinker .
* To unsubscribe from the mrtg mailing list, send a message with the
subject: unsubscribe to mrtg-request at list.ee.ethz.ch
* The mailing list archive is at http://www.ee.ethz.ch/~slist/mrtg
More information about the mrtg