[mrtg] Can't seem to get MRTG 2.8.8 to produce PNG

Brian Hughes hughbria at isu.edu
Wed Oct 6 17:25:37 MEST 1999

Hi Everyone,

I believe I've correctly installed gd 1.7.3 and I can successfully view
the demoout.png file with my browser as described in the documentation.

When I do the "./configure" for MRTG I get:
checking for gdImagePng in -lgd... (cached) no

It's not apparent from reading the MRTG docs, but I'm thinking there are
probably some magic configuration words I need to chant to get MRTG to
recognize that I have gd installed.

Any clues would be greatly appreciated,
Brian
Brian Hughes               mailto:hughbria at isu.edu