[mrtg] Re: Can't seem to get MRTG 2.8.8 to produce PNG

Steve Rothanburg srothan at soc.lib.md.us
Fri Oct 8 15:33:38 MEST 1999

I had the same problem. Even when I told it on the command line where to
find the lib it still used the wrong version. There is a file that stores
all of the old configure setting. I don't remember if I deleted it or just
edited it. I don't remember the file name, but I think it should be easy to
figure out which one it is.

Brian Hughes wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I believe I've correctly installed gd 1.7.3 and I can successfully view
> the demoout.png file with my browser as described in the documentation.
>
> When I do the "./configure" for MRTG I get:
> checking for gdImagePng in -lgd... (cached) no
>
> It's not apparent from reading the MRTG docs, but I'm thinking there are
> probably some magic configuration words I need to chant to get MRTG to
> recognize that I have gd installed.
>
> Any clues would be greatly appreciated,
> Brian
> --
> Brian Hughes               mailto:hughbria at isu.edu
> Idaho State University     http://www.isu.edu/~hughbria
>
> --

There is an old saying that if a million monkeys typed on a million
keyboards for a million years, eventually all the works of Shakespeare would
be produced. Now, thanks to Usenet, we know this is not true.