[mrtg] a little bit of help! :)

Marc-Adrian Napoli marcadrian at cia.com.au
Mon Oct 11 03:49:41 MEST 1999

Hi,

This isn't really MRTG related, but i'm suire someone will be able to answer
my question :)

Regarding SNMP.

1.3.6.1 gets to the internet level. Then that splits into 1,2,3,4.

2 is management. This is a standard MIB across all SNMP devices. It has
transmission, interfaces, system, etc.

4 is for vendors.

ie.

1.3.6.1.4.1.9 is the cisco "tree".

Now.. I have OID's for a 2500 CPU usage.They were under the 1.3.6.1.4.1.9
tree. How comes they weren't under the 1.3.6.1.2 management section of the
tree?

How do you know what is one, and what is in the other?

And does the "MIB" only refer to the 1.3.6.1.2 sub-tree?

Now relating this to MRTG. I'm guessing MRTG can read from both of these
sections of the SNMP table?

Regards,

Marc-Adrian Napoli
Connect Infobahn Australia