[mrtg] Re: Another question.
lsheldon at creighton.edu
Wed Oct 13 05:34:52 MEST 1999
> Except for the following... in MRTG, when you want to monitor something..
> why do you need two OID's?
Because that is the way MRTG is designed--if it were designed another way,
it would work differently.
Keep in mind that historically, it was designed (it would appear) to graph
"input" and "output" of something.
All of the other things it does are "add-ons" to that basic design
- L. F. (Larry) Sheldon, Jr. -
. Unix Systems and Network Administration .
- Creighton University Computer Center-Old Gym -
. 2500 California Plaza .
- Omaha, Nebraska, U.S.A. 68178 Two identifying characterstics -
. lsheldon at creighton.edu of System Administrators: .
- 402 280-2254 (work) Infallibility, and the ability to -
. 402 681-4726 (cellular) learn from their mistakes. .
- 402 332-4622 (residence) -
. http://www.creighton.edu/~lsheldon Adapted from Stephen Pinker .
* To unsubscribe from the mrtg mailing list, send a message with the
subject: unsubscribe to mrtg-request at list.ee.ethz.ch
* The mailing list archive is at http://www.ee.ethz.ch/~slist/mrtg
More information about the mrtg