[mrtg] Re: snmpget linux command and Cisco router

Tim Kennedy sugarat at thunderhold.sugarat.net
Fri Oct 15 22:03:54 MEST 1999

We've often wondered this ourselves.  The only solution I can offer you,
after years of looking for this functionality, is to:

1. Create an expect script or perl script that logs into the router in
question, performs a show ver, and writes the output to a file.

2. Rename that script to snmpget.

Then you will have an snmpget that will provide the output of show ver.
Of course, you lose all teh other functionality that the normal snmpget
provides.

But, alas, the information from 'sho ver' is not available via snmpget.

-Tim

On Fri, 15 Oct 1999, kikino su sardu wrote:

> Is there anyone who can help me?
> I need to retrieve the "show ver " infomation from a Cisco router with a
> SNMPGET Linux command .
>
> Any help or suggestions would be appreciated
>
> kikino su sardu
>

> --

Timothy Kennedy
sugarat.net, Network Management Resources
http://www.sugarat.net