[mrtg] Yet another OID question...

lfiddler at us.ibm.com lfiddler at us.ibm.com
Tue Oct 19 23:05:49 MEST 1999

1) If I want to monitor bytes in/out of a Xylan ATM switch (yes still working on
that for those of you who've been on the list for a while now  :-) ) where does
the slot&port number go... on the end of the OID? (example would be good here)

2)   If in the .cfg file it says  target[xx.xx.xx.xx.3001]: does that mean that
the slot is 3 and port is 1?  If so, then do I use 3.1 at the end of my OID?
(Sorry, SNMP novice here)

Please help... been searching archives way too long today...

Thank you to the guru's in advance...

Lisa Fiddler
IBM Global Services
Network Measurements -- Commercial Internet Team
Raised Floor, Building 025
(Outside):  303-924-6290
(Tie/Line): 303-263-6290
Pager:        303-878-0157
Madness takes it's toll.... Please have exact change ready.