[mrtg] Re: Returned values being rolling over, clipped or something

Tim Schuh tschuh at verio.net
Tue Oct 19 23:27:26 MEST 1999

It sounds like you're rolling the counters over.  You'll probably need
to decrease your polling interval to preserve that data.  If you do
the math for the data rate you're seeing, I bet you'll find that 2^32
is smaller than your ifInOctets or ifOutOctets over the interval
you're using now.

ts

--

Tim Schuh