[mrtg] Re: How do you make MRTG run faster?
lsheldon at creighton.edu
Thu Oct 21 22:03:26 MEST 1999
> Good afternoon from the wonderful state of CT.
And from Nebraska!
> I have one line item in my crontab that executes all of the instances
> (29) of MRTG that I want to run in the background. I thought about
> breaking out the Targets into seperate files, but from I can find in the
> e-mail log files this is '''not''' the way to do it.
I wasn't bright enough to notice that--when ever a cronjob starts to run more
than a a couple of minutes, I stop putting new stuff in the related .cfg
file, start a new cron job a minute later, with its own .cfg.
I'm now up to eight of them--yes, each of three of them share a "minute"
with another one--that seems not to matter, probably because in the mean-time
I forlifted a quicker machine under them.
But it works just fine.
- L. F. (Larry) Sheldon, Jr. -
. Unix Systems and Network Administration .
- Creighton University Computer Center-Old Gym -
. 2500 California Plaza .
- Omaha, Nebraska, U.S.A. 68178 Two identifying characterstics -
. lsheldon at creighton.edu of System Administrators: .
- 402 280-2254 (work) Infallibility, and the ability to -
. 402 681-4726 (cellular) learn from their mistakes. .
- 402 332-4622 (residence) -
. http://www.creighton.edu/~lsheldon Adapted from Stephen Pinker .
* To unsubscribe from the mrtg mailing list, send a message with the
subject: unsubscribe to mrtg-request at list.ee.ethz.ch
* The mailing list archive is at http://www.ee.ethz.ch/~slist/mrtg
More information about the mrtg