[mrtg] Re: platform switch?

Neil Calvert ncalvert at cabletron.com
Fri Oct 22 22:29:03 MEST 1999

I did this myself a few weeks back.

The config files are just flat files, so they should transfer alright.
You would need to change the WorkDir from whatever it is on NT
(C:\mymrtg_outputfiles) to a linux directory
(/usr/mrtg/mrtg_outputfiles). Other than that, I don't recall any
gotchas.. make sure that the linux box sees the same network the NT box
did, and as long as you specified targets by IP address things should be
good.

I didn't bother transferring archived data though - I just started anew.
So I don't know of anything to look out for here.

Yay linux...

Neil