[mrtg] MRTG Core Dump

alain.aube at hrdc-drhc.gc.ca alain.aube at hrdc-drhc.gc.ca
Mon Oct 25 22:57:43 MEST 1999

Hi all,

	I am running HPUX 10.20, perl 5.004_04; libpng 1.0.3 ; zlib 1.1.3 ; gd 1.6.3
; and last but most certainly not least MRTG-2.8.8 .  All this is on an HP
K460 server box.

	I was running mrtg-2.7.1 with no problems...  I "upgraded" : downloaded
2.8.8 installed it and moved all my .cfg, index,html, etc... files to the new
directory ( with 2.8.8).  For some reason, that didn't seem to work; whenever
I would run the mrtg command with the .cfg files, it would do a core dump.
So I am now making new config files for 2.8.8:

1-I have recreated one .cfg file using cfgmaker, and it is still giving me
core dumps in my WorkDir whenever I run it.  However, something I find odd,
it still creates the appropriate .html, .old, .log files, but no .png or .gif
files...

2- I cannot read the html files from my index file.  I can't get the graphs
mrtg creates, this may be because it doesn't complete its actions before the
core dump? ..
I hope someone can help....

	If you need anymore information, please email me, I will reply as soon as I
get back in the office ( I'm in on Mondays and Thursdays).

Thanks in advance,
Alain Aubé
IT COMMUNICATIONS
Network Planning and Analysis