[mrtg] labels in the .cfg files.

Rob Walker rob at valinux.com
Thu Oct 28 17:34:45 MEST 1999

I need to update my .cfg files with the proper descriptions of who is
on what interface.  We need to not do this manually, so that it can be
kept up-to-date when someone "forbid!" moves or adds a host to a port.

My thoughts were to get the MAC addresses from the different ports via
snmp, and then look those up in ARP caches for the ip address, and
then look up their names for the text to stick in.

I thought I would ask here if anyone has done this before I continue
to deep into the mire of SNMP MIBs and stuff.

thx,
rob