[mrtg] Re: H2 detect when MRTG is down on WinNT ?

David C Prall dcp at dcptech.com
Thu Oct 28 19:16:29 MEST 1999

> I would like to know how to determine when MRTG is "down" on my
Windows NT computer in order to restart this one as soon as possible and
not three days after... ?

> Did someone wrote a script ?
>
> Thanking you in advance,
What is exactly down? How are you running the mrtg scripts?

While a .cfg file is running a temp file named .cfg_l will be created.
This is a lockfile. Before I start any of my .cfg files I check for this
file, if it does exist I send out an email message using blat.exe.

David C Prall, MCNE MCSE          DCP Technologies
dcp at dcptech.com                       Alexandria, VA
dcppage at dcptech.com               http://www.dcptech.com